Sunday, March 13, 2011

Maybe going to the hospital was good for something after all. . .

I just noticed my sciatic nerve problem seems to have disappeared. (Yay!)

Hmm. . . About the hospital visit. It wasn't as easy as a fever this time.

(I think I'll just use the read more thingie when going into disgusting detail. . .)


So, there I am, enjoying a nice Saturday at home with my daughter. We'd already had dinner (this time) and she was playing video games. I don't even remember what I was doing.

I went to the bathroom, got like three droplets of pee to come out and EXTREME pain. Pain so bad, my body did some kind of instinctual bearing down thing and I felt myself push out a large. . .SOMETHING (I later discovered it was blood). Before I realized what was happening, it happened again. Wonderful. I took a peek to see if everything was ok down there (which, DUH, it obviously wasn't) and discovered that blood was flowing out of my vagina.

Great.

Now, this has happened to me before, but it was a one time deal and after a bit of heavy bleeding, things slowed down. Not this time. It picked up pace. Every time I left the bathroom, it seemed I was back two minutes later to pass more blood. So I packed Le Beastie up, and off we went to the ER.

Had to stop once on the way in, got there and went to the bathroom before checking in, checked in, went right back to the bathroom (by this time, I'm dizzy). I'm running through pads left and right and the dizziness was starting to worry me, but I made it into the room for the "pre-we-let-you-back-into-the-real-ER." (Went once during that. Still bleeding.)

Crazily enough, after they let me back into the "real ER" area, the massive bleeding stopped and the heavy bleeding tapered off (so glad. . .was out of pads and I can't stand hospital pads.).

After that, it was just taking blood work again (4 needle sticks) and LOTS of waiting. I've determined that the average ER visit for me is about 8 hours (I don't remember it being that long that time I had to take Le Beastie. . .).

Oh, and someone touched me with latex again (I think it was on the inside of the gloves one nurse was wearing, because the breakout is in an area only she touched, and it was after she'd broken off the tip of her non-latex glove to feel for veins to draw blood). . .

PLEASE let me be done with ERs until Wednesday's surgery (though I'm worried about the pills I have to take Tuesday, because last time they made me throw up, and that sometimes causes the bleeding thing to start).

No comments:

Post a Comment